About the Department
The Department of Physical Education (DPE) resides at and coexists with the other degree-offering departments of the College of Arts & Sciences (CAS) as mandated by Mariano Marcos State University (MMSU) in accordance with the pertinent provisions of the Philippine Constitution, International Charter of Physical Education and Sport, Commission on Higher Education en banc Resolution No. 197-2011 and the Holy Bible.
The Department aims to:
- Teach service Physical Education subjects in all colleges of MMSU at Batac Campus and ready to reinforce all other colleges that need affiliate PE faculty.
- To work in tandem with the Physical Education, Sports and Socio-cultural Development Office (PESSDO) in terms of universitywide, regional, national and even international concerns on physical education, sports and socio-cultural affairs.
- Extend appropriate services to the community which are in line with the capabilities and strengths of the manpower of the DPE. Generally, through this act, MMSU can solidify its interaction and intermingling with the people for rapport for work beneficial to both parties.
- Comply with the research and extension missions of MMSU in the fields of physical education, sports, dances, recreation, among others to become a repertoire of knowledge for all levels of learning: elementary, secondary and tertiary.
- Lead the MMSU community to a healthy and active lifestyle that influences our neighboring folks resoundingly to become aware of universal credo for longevity, “Health is wealth!”
- Engage in entrepreneurial ventures that promotes physical education, sports, dances, recreation and the like in partnership with the campus interest clubs and other organizations or agencies with or without linkage to MMSU.
College of Arts and Sciences
Mariano Marcos State University
Batac City 2906, Ilocos Norte, Philippines